BOOKINGS: 0499 217 990
It's a fast and fun way to learn some nav skills and cover a lot of ground with the joy and ease of MTB riding.
We start off with and hour of basic map reading and nav skills. Then we put these into practice by doing a great orienteering course using MTB single tracks, roads & natural features to get to each marker in an open bush land setting.
*Includes: 3-4hr session/ride, instructor, bike, helmet, gloves & transport (is available).
What we cover:
- Map features
- Orienting a map
- Estimating distances
- Using features to guide you
- An orienteering course
- Basic MTB riding skills
- 1 or 2 people = $450
- 3-5 people = $175ea
- 6-9 people = $150ea
- 10-15 people = $135ea
- *Transport is FREE (See terms & conditions).
*Schools & larger groups, please call for rates.
Time: 9am-1pm Or 12noon-4pm
Additional time: negotiate upon request.
What you need to bring (on the day)
- Old runners *(or MTB shoes)
- Bike helmet & gloves (we have if you need)
- Water bottle (750ml, full)
- Sunscreen, sunnies & hat
- Bike shorts (not essential)
- Long sleeves (recommended)
- Clothing appropriate for the weather on the day> rain jacket & warmer layers
- A change of clothes & a garbo bag (esp. if muddy)
- Small day pack
- Compass (or I can provide)
- Camping Chair
*For serious riders with MTB shoes, are your cleats compatible with our peddles? We use Shimano SPD, PD-M520. Please ask me to organize peddles prior.
Return to MTB page
Go to Nav pagefor more details like:
- Where to meet (if not traveling with us)