Feel the flow on one our regions world class trails. We can show you the best Mt bike trails at the You Yangs & Forrest, take you for a full weekend of shredding at Mt Buller, improve your skills at Geelong's The Hill Bike Park or for more leisurely options along the Barwon River & the Bellarine Rail Trail.
We offer FREE transport from Geelong (& local train stations for Melbourne people). So get psyched and let's go for a burn!
BOOKINGS: 0499 217 990
Here's a recent review from Trip Advisor
"I had the best experience mountain bike riding with Jeremy of GAS. He is such a professional and so knowledgeable. He made me feel comfortable and confident. I really enjoyed riding the tracks at the You Yangs - it was awesome fun! He supplies high quality mountain bikes and everything was spot on. I would have no hesitation recommending his company for adventure activities. I'll be making another booking soon!"
What's on offer:
You Yangs Private Guiding
If you'd prefer a more personalized experience then request this. You’ll get so much more out it! More details...
| Forrest Private Guiding & Shuttles
One of the regions finest riding destinations. Rides and Shuttles, More details...
Alps> Mt Buller Weekends
Buller is one of the greatest destinations to Mt Bike ride in Australia. It boasts over a 100km's of purpose built Mt Bike trails. More details...
Join a Group Ride
We regularly run a day for those who are budget minded and want to join a group to get out there. You’ll be hooked after a ride with us! More details
A Family Ride
An awesome family Mt bike ride, privately guided & tailored for their level. They'll have a blast! More details...
The ultimate day of adventure. Includes a wicked Mt bike ride, lunch & loads of climbing. You’ll have a blast! More details...
BIKE HIRE (non-guided)
"We have the best bike available for hire in Geelong!": from$60 per day, More details...
Adventure Support, Shuttles & Charters
If you're after any kind of adventure support, we've got a sweet set up. More details...
“The best birthday party ever”, we’ll pick you all up, hit the Mt bike trails, provide lunch and return you all home after a momorable day. More details
| NEW> Geelong: The Hill Bike Park skills sessions or Barwon River Rides
Build skills at Geelongs new bike park or go for a more leisurly ride along the Barwon River's fantastic network of trails. More details...
- Ride & WINE Package (3-4hrs): An indulgent adventure. Go for a late avo ride, followed by local wine and cheeses whilst watching the sunset from Big Rock. Cheers to that! More details...
- Ride the Rail Trail: Fully guided & supported options, More details...
- Mountain Bike Orienteering: It's a fast and fun way to learn some nav skills and cover a lot of ground with the joy and ease of MTB riding. More details...
- Seniors meanders: Leisurly rides or something more adventurous. More details...
Rates: Youies Private Guiding
|# of people||HALF DAY||FULL DAY|
|Larger groups||Call us||Call us|
Other package rates:
- BIKE HIRE (non-guided): from$75 per day, More details...
- Forrest Rides: Private guiding from $125ea, Shuttles from $30ea, More details...
- Family packages: from $180, More details...
- Climb and Ride package: from $175 each, More details...
- Birthday parties: from $40each, More details
- Ride and Wine package: Adds from $30 each. More details...
- Barwon River Rides/Seniors deals: from $50 each, More details...
- Ride the Rail Trail: Guided= $150 each, Support only= $100 each, More details...
*All prices include GST
Times: 9-12noon Or 1-4pm [flexible]
*Pick ups & drop offs add 30-60mins either side.
What you need:
- Old runners *(or MTB shoes)
- Bike helmet & gloves (we have if you need)
- Water bottle (750ml, full)
- Sunscreen, sunnies
- Bike shorts (not essential)
- Long sleeves (recommended)
- Clothing appropriate for the weather on the day> rain jacket & warmer layers
- A change of clothes & a garbo bag (esp. if muddy)
- Small bag
*For serious riders with MTB shoes, are your cleats compatible with our pedals? We use Shimano SPD, PD-M520. Please ask me to organize pedals prior.
Where to meet: (If you’re not getting transport with us).
- You Yangs: I'll meet you at the park office carpark located 400m's inside the main entrance (off Branch Rd) at the pre-arraigned meeting time.
- Forrest: At the Forrest Trailhead, through town on the right, off the Forrest-Birregurra Rd. Or at the Yaugher Trailhead, on Boundary Rd, off the Forrest-Birregurra Rd, just before Forrest.
- Barwon River rides: I’ll meet you at Balyang Sanctuary, (end of Marnock Rd, off Shannon Ave) at the designated time.
Location summaries FYI:
- The You Yangs (Youies) is an awesome location for MTB riding. It boasts over 50km's of purpose-built trails. Over the last decade there has been a huge development in the trails. Its proximity to us makes it a popular location (15mins from Geelong and 45mins from Melbourne). There are two areas to ride catering for all abilities. The trails are mostly all single tracks, are graded consistently and are signposted well. The landscape offers a variety of terrain. It features granite outcrops amongst dry bushland.
- “Forrest [boasts over 65km's or trails]… [it] showcases the natural beauty of the Otway Ranges, passing through tall eucalypt forests, dry heathy scrub and dense fern gullies. The trails have been built with real mountain bikers in mind and offer experiences for beginners and the most hard-core dirt fanatics…” (from Forrest MTB trails). It’s only 1 hour from Geelong, making it another very accessible locating to explore with us.
The Barwon River has a small NEW Mt bike area called "The Hill Bike Park", it has a small skills area, 3 cross country trails (2kms) and 3 pump tracks. It works for small workshops/skills sessions or is a good diversion off the river trails. The Barwon River paths offers an extensive network of trails along both sides of the river. The many parks and reserves you ride through provide scenic surrounds and help you to forget how built up the area is. There are many bridges which allow for loops of varying lengths. The paths are mostly sealed trails which makes the riding very easy.
- Mt Buller is undoubtedly one of the greatest destinations to Mt bike in Aust. It boast over 100km’s of purpose built Mt Bike trails, including cross-country, enduro & downhill trails. Its latest instalment a 42km long trail is the jewel in the crown. The Australian Alpine Epic is the only trail in the Southern Hemisphere to be accredited with an Epic Trail status by the IMBA (International Mountain Bike Association) (see more detail on the Mt Buller page).
*If you’re keen to book any of these, please see 'terms & conditions'.
Then phone Jeremy on 0499 217 990
Links to help you organize your ride:
- Retail needs: Degrandis Cycle & Sports (in Geelong), supplied and service our bikes.
- Giant Bikes: Check out their range or for details about our bike: see Giant Aus