BOOKINGS: 0499 217 990
For those who want to really learn to master these skills and put them into practice in a real life way, ready for that adventure you’re planning.
- Day 1: We introduce basic map reading skills, using a map to navigate, add in use of a compass and then put these to the test on an orienteering course in moderate terrain.
- Day 2: recap on nav skills, add grid referencing, magnetic declinations, triangulation & route planning. Break for lunch then head off on a 4.5km long bushwalk, beginning on walking trails then heading off-track into dense bush to put all the skills we've learnt into to the test and probably see some wildlife along the way. *Can be run over consecutive days or split, i.e.: over two weekends, your preference.
|1 or 2 people||$1000|
Larger groups, please call for rates.
Transport is FREE (See terms & conditions).
What we cover in detail:
Day 1: (Is what we cover in the 5hr course)
- Map features
- Orienting a map
- Estimating distances
- Using features to guide you
- A break for lunch (BYO)
- Compass features
- Walking on a bearing
- A longer & more challenging orienteering course
- Recap on previous days skills
- Grid references
- Magnetic declinations
- Route planning (in brief)
- Break for lunch (BYO)
- 4.5km long bushwalk (on walking trails & off-track in dense bush)
Return to Nav page for more details like:
- What you need to bring (on the day)
- Where to meet (if not traveling with us)